Home   |   Our Adoption Story   |   About Me

5.05.2011

Thankful Thursdays

What Am I thankful for? 
Oh my, I am glad there is a Thursday in every week because there is ALOT!

This week I will start with what most of you come here for anyway! 

I am thankful for Jake
Cutie Pootie extradionaire! 
I am thankful for him for the obvious reasons of course but then there are other reasons!
He is funny!  Yes even at 18 months he is FUNNY!  He is sweet!  He loves his Mommie!  He gives the best kisses to his Mommie when he is just about asleep and he is trying to stay awake just another minute.  He is smart!  He is overall healthy! He is mine!  My prayers have been answered!


I am also thankful for the following people (and so many more) that helped us along our journey to Jake.

I am thankful for Gloria
Gloria was our case worker when we were going through the adoption process.  There is not enough good things I can say about Gloria.  I know the Lord sent her to us because we were gonna need her wisedom, strength, and faith to get through the process.  There were days that I would have honestly given up if it had not been for Gloria.  She flew to Iowa to be with us when Jake was born and then flew back when we had a hickup in the road afterwards.  She was wonderful!  And best of all she is still wonderful and she is my friend!  She is Jake's very own YaYa and we love her very much! 

I am thankful for Dr. Dudley!
He took care of Jake's birthmother while she was pregnant with Jake and then took care of her and Jake while we were still in the hospital.

I am thankful for Ashely
 She was Jake's nurse in the hospital and she answered a ton of questions and took great care of all of us while we were there!

I am thankful for our team of Attorneys in Iowa!
John Daniels, and Susan Boden
They helped us make the whole adoption legal and guided us through some very tricky tough days!

I am thankful for Giles King, our Mississippi attorney!
He helped us through all of the legal stuff here at home and still helps us when we need him!

Of course, I am also beyond thankful to Jake's birthmother
I have wonderful pictures of her with Jake and us but I did not want to post them because I do not have her permission.  I am so thankful for the gift of Jake and without her it would not be possible!

What are you thankful for?
Check out other people and what they are thankful for at

2 comments:

  1. What a precious gift.. you have so much to be thankful for. Thanks so much for linking up this week and hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful list! love hearing beautiful stories of adoption... and your little jake is just adorable!! thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete