Home   |   Our Adoption Story   |   About Me

5.02.2011

Happy Birthday's and Our Weekend

First off let me say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a couple of friends of mine!

First up, Nancy Rhodes Ferguson is a May Day (May 1) baby! 



This is Nancy loving on my little man at the ball field last year.  It is the most current picture I have of her and I think we need to change that! 
About Nancy........
she is one of my childhood friends.  I have literally know her all of her life...yes she is younger than me!  We grew up with just one house between ours and there were not many days that we didn't play together all day long.  Nancy is a Mommie to 3 adorable kids and has a schedule busier than anybody I know (can you imagine 3 kids playing on a combined 5 ball teams in one season) but she is always "with it" and is a great Mommie, wife, sister, daughter, and friend.  She is HILARIOUS, always smiling, always knows the right thing to say to make you feel better, never to busy to say hello, always says "I love you", loyal beyond measure, and the sister I always wished I had.  Nancy was blessed to have two sisters and they were an everyday part of my life growing up and a part of my entire Pierce family.  We love her and her family like they belong to us...in fact we actually claim them! 
Nancy is just awesome and I love her! 
Happy Birthday Mrs. Nancy!

Next up.... Amy Brewer Burks is a May 2nd baby!
 I have not been friends with Amy all that long, in fact I met the wonderful Mrs. Amy Burks after Jake was born.  Amy is a photographer who lived in Southaven and she took Jake's newborn pictures.  I had never met her before that day but some friends had used her and some of my family knew her so I thought "oh well it can't hurt".  Little did I know that I would meet a great friend that day!  We went to the same church and didn't know it!  She was so sweet and patient with Jake and when the photo session was over she held him and rubbed his little eyebrow until he went to sleep (a trick that still to this day hasn't worked for me).  We talked long past the photo session was over and I knew I had met a friend!
About Amy....  HILARIOUS too, sweet sweet spirit, is a great Mommie to two almost grown boys, a great wife to Steve, when you meet Amy you just know you have met a good person, loves her family and friends, and loves my little Jake!  Amy has since moved from Southaven and we don't get to see her and we have found a new "official photographer of Jake Snow" but gosh we miss our Mrs. Amy!  We keep in touch through text messaging, Face Book, and Words with Friends (Amy is a master and always beats my by at least 200 points but she is very sweet about it).  I am hoping that sometime this summer we get to see each other and catch up in real life!  Maybe at Cracker Barrell on Wednesday so we can eat Chicken Pot Pie? 
Happy Birthday Mrs. Amy!  I love you!

Now to our weekend.....
Saturday we took Jake and his buddy Ryley to the zoo.  Mikey came along for the ride and we were all glad he was there.  I will let the pictures tell the story!

 Jake and Ryley riding in the wagon.
 Posing in front of the Ape
 Juice Break
 Mikey, Ryley, Jake, and Jeff at the Sea Lion Show.  The boys didn't want out of the wagon...go figure?
 Trying to figure out how to get under the rope to the area that says "do not enter"
 Finally a good picture!
And a group shot!

Sunday we went to church, ate brunch, took naps, and cleaned the garage!  Busy day but no pictures!  Sorry!

Create your own blog post about your weekend and Link Up to my post below and Tell me about your weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment