Home   |   Our Adoption Story   |   About Me

9.01.2011

Thankful Thursday.......

It's Thursday again and it is time for me to tell you something that I am thankful for!

These are my parents, DE and Charlotte.  My dad passed away last July but had he lived they would have been married 50 years today.  That is right - September 1, 1961 is their wedding date.  They were married 48 years and 10 months and 8 days!  That is a long time!  I know they had hard times and they had great times as well.  I am beyond blessed to have grown up with parents that loved Jesus, love me, taught me right from wrong, punished me when I needed it (although Momma seemed to always get this job - bless her), loved me when I needed it most, and were just all around great, awesome parents! 

Today on this Thankful Thursday and I most thankful for my parents - they showed me that a strong, loving marriage can last a lifetime!  For that I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment