Home   |   Our Adoption Story   |   About Me

4.07.2011

Something I am thankful for....

For some reason I am having a tough day today.  I am missing my little man, Jake Snow!  I know he is OK and having fun but I miss him being around me.  He is a pretty neat little guy and I love him!  Some days it is harder than others to be a Mommie that has an away from home job (I don't like the therm "stay at home Mommie" because I don't get to do it and because being a Mommie is a job too).  Being a Mommie is a job all by itself...one that I LOVE!

So today is a hard day for me! 

But you see this sweet lady here........
Well that is Mrs. Candcace! 
She is Jake's babysitter!
  And those are her cutie pie sons with her - Jackson on the left and Ryley on the right.

I am so thankful to have Mrs. Candace!  When I finally came back to reality and realized that I was going to have to go back to work I started praying for someone to keep Jake that would be perfect, not that I am perfect but I wanted someone that would be as much like being with his Mommie as possible.  I wanted him to stay in a home not a daycare.  I wanted him to have friends his own age that he could grow up with.  I wanted him to learn, and play.  I also wanted someone that was a good person, from a good family, a Christian family!  I wasn't asking for alot, after all this is MY BABY!

Well I found her.....God led me to MRS CANDACE!

I know God must want to hit me over the head sometimes and say "here is your answer dummy" but I am so glad He is a patient God.  Several months before Jake was born I was at the dentist office.  I go there alot..I like them and I chew lifesavers so Dr. Kemp, his staff and me ...well we are tight!  Ashley, the sweet girl at the front desk asked me who was gonna keep my baby.  At that time I thought "who else but me"!  Well she told me about her babysitter that just happens to live one street over from me and is wonderful.  Yeah, yeah, right...she isn't keeping my baby I thought.  But I called her and Mrs. Candace told me that she had a spot open but didn't know if she would have it open in February when I was going back to work.  I should just call back.  Well guess what...she had a spot!  God had Mrs. Candace picked out for my little Jake all along!

I went to meet her and I am sure I asked all kind of crazy off the wall questions.  I was still terrified that something was going to go wrong.  Our adoption wasn't final and I was afraid someone was going to come and take Jake from me.  I was scared to leave him with anybody!  But come to find out Candace and I grew up in the same church.  She is a younger than I am by more than I care to share but we had some mutual friends and they said she was wonderful.  Our families knew each other!  It was a God thing!

This is Jake and me the first day he went to Mrs. Candace's
I was holding back tears and Jake couldn't have cared less.
He had a good day..he was exhausted when he got home from watching the others play.  It was a good day!  We both survived!

Jake has learned so much at her house!  He is much more independent than he would be if I were able to be at home with him all the time.  He has friends that he loves!  Mrs. Candace has helped Jake with BIG things like stop taking the bottle at 8 months (yeah for Jake), stop the paci (just this past weekend at our house but for months now at her house), feed himself, clean up his toys and dishes from the table. 
It is a good GOD thing!
Trust me, I would much rather be a Mommie that just works at home than have to take Jake to a babysitter but if you have to have one I have THE BEST!  No she is not his Mommie and she doesn't do everything like I would but most of the time that is a good thing!  She is good to Jake and he loves her.  I can go to work and not worry about him.  It is a relief to have someone that you can trust and that is good to them.  I know he is in a good place!  So much so that when someone asks me if my babysitter has openings I fight the urge to say NO YOU CANT HAVE HER..SHE BELONGS TO ME AND JAKE! 
But I do call and ask her so if I told you no it was the honest truth! 

Meet his friend (Mrs. Candace's youngest son) Ryley...Jake calls him RyeRye
We expect big trouble out of these two!


And then there is MeMe Pam....
This is MeMe Pam with Jake at Ryleys 2nd birthday party.  She is Candace's mother and she fills in when Mrs. Candace has to be somewhere else!  She is part of the blessing too!  Jake loves MeMe Pam!

You see, we are just beyond blessed to have Mrs. Candace in our lives!  And on days like today when I wish I was home loving on Jake I can text or call and say "Is he OK?" and if nothing else it makes me feel better!


We love OUR Mrs. Candace!
Don't you wish you were lucky like me?? 
LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment